Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Great MD Appointment

What a complete relief. I had my appointment with the surgeon and she is sure that everything is **FINE**.

The stuff we were palpating is, apparently, just dense breast tissue. The calcifications that were found on the films were really normal, but we will follow up with more imagery in 6 months to make sure they aren't changing in a way that would cause concern. The lumps we could feel were not the calcifications. That was not clear to me after having the mammogram and ultrasound. That could have been because I was totally freaked out or it could have been because no one made that distinction.


Either way, I'm done. I am back to my carefree summer. I am so relieved to have the mental space back that the fear of the unknown was occupying.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad Sarah! What a huge relief!

Norm Deplume said...

I'm still giggling about you having lumpy boobs. At least they are still dense, yanno?

Brita said...

phew. so glad to read this news. enjoy relaxing the summer away!

Julie Pippert said...

That is great news!

Anonymous said...

YAY - so glad to know everything is A-OK. :)
Enjoy your summer, mama!!
XOXO

Stacey said...

so happy to hear this!

Nesting Momma said...

Have a great summer.Relaxing