Thursday, October 18, 2007

Who's your Man Meme

Thanks for the tag Karen

1. Who is your man?
Big Daddy J

2. How long have you been together?
8 Years

3. How long did you date?
A few weeks (yikes!! so far, that has worked out pretty well for us!) We laid eyes on one another for the first time in August or September of 1999. We started mountain biking and rock climbing together in October. We then went out on our first 'date' in October. We were talking about marriage and were ring shopping in November. And in early December, we got engaged.

4. How old is your man?
34

5. Who eats more?
um....probably me. I have a rather high metabolism and eat all the time.

6. Who said "I love you" first?
It was all such a whirlwind...I think we arrived at saying I love you at the same time. I'm not sure who said it first.

7. Who is taller?
He is the tall one by about 5 inches at 5'6"

8. Who sings better?
I am going to say me. Although I love it when he is putting it all his effort into singing.

9. Who is smarter?
I think we are smart in entirely different ways. He is really pragmatic and mathematically inclined. He takes things apart and fixes them. It would have never occurred to me to ever take anything apart....ever. I love to read and write. I am intuitive and love the complexities of the very grey world we live in. Big Daddy J's world is black and white, filled with rights and wrongs. In fact, he tends to see issues in rights and wrongs while I am always 'bending the rules' so to speak. It drives us nuts about each other....although I think we value the big difference there.

10. Whose temper is worse?
That depends. I run hot. I raise my voice and make passionate arguments. I tend to 'bark' at the kids. But then that's it; it's over. In fact I have a gift at letting it go and not even remembering what I was mad about. Big Daddy J tends to simmer and hold grudges. We both think the other has a worse temper.

11. Who does the laundry?
We both do

12. Who takes out the garbage?
We both do, but he usually rolls the big can out on Trash day.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
That would be me.

14. Who pays the bills?
For now he does, but I may be taking over that endeavor.

15. Who is better with the computer?
Him

16. Who mows the lawn?
Neither of us....Someone else does it.

17. Who cooks dinner?
We both really like to cook. I mainly cook dinner during the week, but sometimes he does. On the weekend it is pretty split.

18. Who drives when you are together?
Pretty much him.

19. Who pays when you go out?
Who ever has access to a wallet and who isn't chasing down the kids.

20. Who is most stubborn?
That would be him. He comes from a long line of impressively stubborn people.

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong?
That would be me, given number 20.


22. Whose parents do you see the most?
Mine

23. Who kissed who first
He asked my permission to kiss me. It melted my heart. Very very sweet.

24. Who asked who out?
He asked me out. I had just given up dating for a while when he inconveniently showed up on the scene to delightfully throw off my big plan.

25. Who proposed?
Well, the whole relationship moved super fast. I was sort of freaked out by it all and nearly dumped him in a parking lot because I just couldn't take the intensity of the whole thing. I was really afraid that this would go on for a few years and then he would get some job offer across country and be all 'its been real sweetie, but I don't want a long distance thing' (something I had already experienced twice). In exasperation he lightly banged his head against the steering wheel of his old car and said 'but Sarah, I want to marry you!'.

While this wasn't the actual proposal, it was the turning point in our few week old courtship. The words had been spoken, it was just the details that needed working out. We shopped for a ring together (I totally should have just let him do it, I would have gotten a way bigger rock). It wasn't exactly a surprise when he did the formal proposal, but I was delighted.

26. Who is more sensitive?
I think we are both quite sensitive, although I may be a bit more so.

27. Who has more friends?
I do.

28. Who has more siblings?
He does. I have one brother, he has two sisters.

29. Who wears the pants in the family?
I think our relationship is pretty equal. I'm no shrinking violet.

No comments: