Friday, February 15, 2008

Tap tap tap.....Hey, is this thing on?

I feel like I got to the back of my closet and found a poor, shriveled up, dusty blog.


I have been inspired back to my blog to do a thirty day gratitude challenge by a sweet mama friend . Gratitude may be the solution to what ills so many of us during this cold stretch of New England winter. I don't mean a false optimism or a Pollyannaish attitude that refuses to feel sadness. In the midst of it all...the good, bad, and ugly, clinging to a spirit of gratitude for what is right and good just might get me through the days that I want to hide under a blanket and come out once spring has arrived.


So, today's exercise in gratitude almost sounds like a back handed gratitude compliment. But truly I have to say my knees nearly buckled in gratitude.


Our little family mama car with 60,000 miles on it has been smelling like gasoline when at a stand still. I couldn't see anything clearly leaking, but it was stinky stinky fumy.


Anyway, I took the car in with my two kids and the shuttle guy drove us back to our house. Part one of the gratitude was that I didn't have to sit in a hot airless room with my two kids while they worked on the car! Then, the shuttle had built in car seats!! Score! I didn't have to pull out reinstall, and then pull out, reinstall car seats again! I pretty much think car seat installation is one of the inner layers of hell. The question I always have is: What exactly am I supposed to be doing with my two kids under 4 with all the car seat movement? Do I let them run wild in the parking lot? Do I restrain them in the front seats of the car? It is a mystery to me, and I am so pleased I didn't have to find out in the process of doing it, yesterday.


Well....what we thought were hoses leaking a little is actually a cracked head gasket. OY! However, this $2,200 job is only going to cost us $100 because weary back 4 years ago when we bought the car we purchased the extra warranty.


I am so grateful.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Hey! Not having to deal with expensive car repairs is something to be grateful for, definitely!
Meg (Megmama)

Norm Deplume said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Norm Deplume said...

Yay for warranties!


(And it was me who deleted that comments above-- *not* yay for typos.

joy said...

that is a wonderful, albeit mundane, gratitude fix! and i have to agree on the installation of car seats being a special torture.

HomeGrownLife said...

I'm so glad you've dusted off your blog!

Doodaddy said...

Glad to see you're back!