Monday, February 18, 2008

Gratitude for the simple things: The Orange Blanket


A few years ago in some discount department store I stumbled upon this orange blanket pictured to the left. At the time, it seemed like a rather stupid thing to spend 15 or 20 bucks on, but I could just tell it was going to be something I would want to snuggle up with every day.

Everyone in our house and any guest who has slothed around on our super comfy lazy couch has come to covet this orange blanket.

What you can't see in this picture is, as my kids like to call it, 'the cozy side'. A super soft velvet/velour side of the burnt sienna blanket is what makes everyone fall in love with this throw.

After arriving home from an all day outing, the kids settled into late afternoon naps. I decided to put aside the mommy work today and do something I haven't done in years. I snuggled under the favorite family blanket and watched a few minutes of Oprah. I don't even like Oprah all that much, but there was something completely indulgent about allowing myself a bit of mindless TV under 'The Blanket'.

2 comments:

joy said...

all the things you guys are grateful for are making me jealous! maybe we should do envy project next?

seriously, the blanket looks like the bomb. but are you sure that's burnt sienna? it looks like olive to me!

Mama Sarita said...

hahahaha I see purple.

I have to say I was feeling a little envious of your pre warmed bath tub bath...Maybe we should have started with envy and ended with gratitude?

Im very much enjoying seeing the way gratitude is unfolding with each person. What a great idea joy.