Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ah to be delightfully self absorbed

My Mother-in-law purchased an artsy children's board book called Brush Mona Lisa's Hair. It is a book that features well known works of art such as (duh) Mona Lisa, Girl with a Pearl Earring, and The Laughing Cavalier. The author's added textural stuff to the paintings such as hair on Mona Lisa, an actual earring on Girl with a Pearl Earring, and an actual lacy collar on The laughing Cavalier.

So, on page one, opposite the great work Mona Lisa the text reads:

Look inside and take a peek.
Let's play a game of find and seek.

Look at the lovely lady.
Why is she smiling?
Can you brush her messy hair?

(I am pretty sure Da Vinci would take great offense, but I digress)

So I ask Diva Child...Why is she smiling.

Mommy, she is smiling at MEEEEE! AT MEEEEEEE!!

I'm not sure about her but I am totally smiling.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I for one am just relieved that we've solved that mystery of the Western world.

Heather said...

That's too perfect!

Unknown said...

That's adorable!